Day 7 - The intelligence in 'stillness'


Quotes

" Beneath our conscious intelligence, a deeper intelligence is at work - the evolved intelligence of humankind." - Anthony Stevens

"Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie." - William Shakespeare

"All great changes are preceded by chaos." - Deepak Chopra

"Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way." - Native American proverb

Intention

To create a page about developing the capacity to understand the intelligence inherent in keeping calm and still.

My process

I used modelling paste, stencils, water-based inks and felt pens. I chose stencils at random and placed them in a way that created four quarters within the circle. I filled these with modelling paste and allowed it to dry overnight. When dry, I washed the entire circle with water and sprayed it with pink, blue, yellow and purple ink. When dry I dotted the entire circle with felt pens. The circles represented instances of stillness, the flowers represent parts of life that would start blooming, the butterflies represent transformation and the circular design for the pattern behind stillness.

Journaling Prompt:

How do I create situations where I can increase stillness in my life? 

Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.

Comments

Popular Posts