Day 5 - Encouraging authenticity


Quotes

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's a complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true." - Adyashanti

"Art is the set of wings to carry you out of your own entanglement." - Joseph Campbell

"May everything that isn't you fall away."

"It's impossible," said pride
"It's risky," said experience
"It's pointless," said reason
"Give it a try," said heart

Intention

To create a page about encouraging ourselves to be authentic

My process

I used watercolours, gouache paint, white Posca pens and gold gel pen, to create a page filled with random swirls and circles. Then I asked myself the question - What does this mean? What is it trying to say in the context of authenticity? The idea that emerged is that one's authentic self does not reveal itself on command. It tentatively peeps out and checks out the environment and needs to be coaxed and encouraged out of hiding. It tantalizingly revealed a rainbow of colours and swirly, fluid shapes, flecked with pure gold. A hint of things to come?

Journaling Prompt:

How can I support myself to feel confident enough to 'create' regardless of judgement?

Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.


Comments

Popular Posts