Day 3 - New ideas and guiding principles


Quotes

"Health is not just about what you are eating. It is also about what you are thinking and saying..."

"Play is the highest form of research." - Einstein

"Kindness is not an act, it is a lifestyle."

"Religion is belief in someone else's experience.
Spirituality is having your own experience." - Deepak Chopra

Intention

To create a page about sourcing new ideas that would lead to finding new resources and developing new skills to support the journey

My process

At this stage I was unclear about what the new ideas would be. As I looked through the quotes I had chosen, Key words seemed to leap out at me. These were 'Health', 'Play', 'Kindness' and 'Spirituality', though I was uncertain what exactly these meant and how they would influence the journey. Perhaps I was meant to re-examine and re-frame my ideas on each of these or maybe there was another aspect to them that I was going to discover.
            Using coloured inks and white gel pen for the art work, I washed the entire circle area with water and dropped fuscia, green and yellow ink blobs on it at random, allowing them to run into each other. Before the page dried, I used a paintbrush to draw out streaks of colour which had pooled at specific spots. Once the page was dry I drew in circles with white gel pen. Then I asked myself the question: What is this trying to say to me?
            The image reminded me of my laboratory days, growing microbial cultures on petri dishes. The coloured substrate seemed to stand in for my lack of clarity and to suggest something 'nebulous' that was starting to seed the new, like bacteria multiplying on a petri dish. I asked myself a further question - Is there some aspect of myself that got left behind at that stage of my life, which needs to resurface and develop now? An insightful and very helpful three-pages of journaling resulted in trying to answer that question.

Journaling Prompt:

1.      What new ideas and insights do I need to develop to support me on this journey?
2.      What existing ideas and insights do I need to re-examine and re-frame to move forward?
 -     How do I go about doing this? Would it be worth my while to re-visit these questions from time to time and update them as I progress?

    Daily Wrap Up:

    After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme?
- -  Do any of the quotes and suggestions really offend me? Why? 
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why? 
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.


Comments

Popular Posts