Day 10 - The mind and transformational change


Quotes

"What the mind can conceive, the mind can achieve."

"The moment you change your perception is the moment you change the chemistry of your body."

Intention

To create a page examining how the thoughts I think can help me create meaningful and lasting change.

My process

I used watercolour crayons and felt pens to create a mandala, with a mirror a the centre. This was surrounded by coloured tendrils. I took each tendril to represent a possible course of action which has been defined and examined then weighed up and selected or rejected at this point in time. The mirror at the centre, reflects back to me the fact that I am at the centre of this process and have the power to change course or my options if I want to. Some of the alternatives will fade with time and other get more sharp, but the choices I make are really up to me

Journaling Prompt

1.      What thoughts do I need to become aware of that are steering me away from the changes I wish to make?
2.      What thought patterns do I need to replace these with?

   Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.


Comments

Popular Posts